Our Promise to you ...
As part of the wider Pastoral Care team, we provide holistic care for your son within our Catholic Marist special character.
All information shared between the Pastoral Care & Health team and students is private and confidential.
Our trained Guidance Counsellor:
- supports students who are experiencing personal, emotional or social difficulties
- provides crisis intervention when needed
- works to strengthen the partnership between the home and school
- coordinates other programmes such as peer support to promote a supportive environment within the school
Our Registered Nurse provides:
- health services to all students plus....
- a full health assessment of all year 9 students, including ears and eyes
- immunisations for year 7/8 students (permission slips are sent home)
- referrals to health / social agencies
- management plans for students with chronic health needs
The nurse also talks to students about:
- mental and social wellbeing
- smoking & quitting smoking
- healthy lifestyle choices
Our nurse is Clare Corbett.
Lumino Dental provides:
- FREE checkups of all students' teeth, at school, once a year, during school time
- the consent slip sent home MUST be signed by a parent/ guardian